We're looking for a fun, dynamic and energetic team player to join us in a dual capacity as an instructor and administrative personnel. Could that be you?
Yoga Instructor & Studio
Full-time, shift hours to-be-determined
(some evenings and weekends included)
The primary responsibilities of this position are to carry out all front desk administrative duties, including managing the front desk of the studio and office, greeting and checking in clients, cleaning and performing operational duties to cater to the administrative needs of the organization, as needed. The role will also include teaching responsibilities, leading group and/or individual classes through various levels & types of yoga practice.
● Greet and warmly welcome clients to the studio/office, providing superior customer service at all times
● Manage student check-in and sales in the client sales database, adhering to the policies and procedures of the studio
● Respond to phone, email and in-person customer queries promptly and knowledgeably- it is imperative to fully and clearly understand the operations of the studio including the regular weekly schedule and pricing/packages, as well as workshops, retreats, events and promotions. This position also needs to have basic knowledge of yoga
● Ensure cleaning of the studio including the bathrooms, office, studio and reception area
● Run studio errands as needed and directed
● Lead group or individual classes through various levels and types of yoga practice while getting to know what participating clients want
● Demonstrate good knowledge of physical fitness and yoga technique, using your body to show the correct way to get into poses and beneficial breathing patterns
● Offer gentle adjustments to clients as they require and allow, providing alternative poses that assist their practice
● Demonstrate excellent communication skills while in class as well as out of class when interacting with clients and your colleagues
● Motivate clients to challenge and grow their practice
● Understand and help develop studio policies for matters of client care with regards to their experience during a class
Substitute & Instructor Coordination
● Manage the class substitution list, ensuring that substitute instructors are coordinated as needed, and all subbing instances are effectively communicated to all administrative staff (note the exception of urgent sub needs, which should be coordinated by the administrative staff on duty at the time of need)
● Update the database and website calendars to reflect all instructor changes
● Ensure that the instructor performance tracker is being filled out properly and regularly by all administrative staff
● Support the Studio Manager in scheduling and coordinating regular instructor meetings, ensuring ample attendance
● Support the Studio Manager in coordinating professional development sessions for the instructor team
● Ensure instructors teach in the appointed studio and inform instructors of any changes as directed by the Lead Administrator or Studio Manager
Additional duties may be added at the discretion of the Studio Manager or Managing Director(s).
Please get in touch for this position!